Friday, February 29, 2008

Ameriprise now outsources the creation of the financial plan to India

If you read Ameriprise's literature and web site, they talk of the virtues of how they customize each financial plan for each individual's needs and goals. Not so fast. An ex-employee just posted on the message boards that advisers can use an India outsourcing firm called PlanSource to generate this "tailored" financial plan. While I don't have a problem with companies from India, I'd be concerned about having my financial information shipped overseas. Also, I'd be extremely skeptical that the so called tailored financial plan would be generated by someone who probably doesn't understand the US market. This company always looks at ways to cut costs and if it's at the expense of the client so be it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

AMERICAN EXPRESS CREDIT CARD? TEAR IT UP. DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR COMMERCIALS. I cancelled an order in India within 24 hours, called and notified AmEx. Then I got the charge amount as $10K instead of the $1K. AmEx put the matter into dispute for months-nearly 18 months. I notified AmEx that this was an attempt to defraud, that I did not have the goods that were to be delivered in 4-6 weeks. They were not. And now AmEx has sued me for $10K!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Web Design Melbourne said...

I used to be able to find good advice from your content.
---------------------

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home